He was like, "Oh, are you getting paid?" I felt kind of lame and said, "No." Then I sat there for about 10 minutes in silence looking at my meat pie. (It's a pie made of meat and potatoes, in case you were wondering.) He looked confused and it made me seriously consider why the heck I am blogging.
Then I answered him.
- I blog because some days people poop on me, throw up on me, and cry all day. I need someone to hear about it and feel sorry for me.
- I like to sit down and revisit my day with a laugh and clear my head to get ready for tomorrow.
- It helps my sanity.
- When I get a chance to reconnect with other moms or people I don't get a chance to visit with regularly because they hear about the glamorous life of a stay at home mom, it makes it worth it.
- I do it to solicit advice and help from those around me. I have one crazy two year old. And one crazy baby. And one crazy husband. And I think it goes without saying that I'm crazy too.
- Most importantly, I am blogging to make money to put padded walls in our basement and invent toddler straight jackets.
Even on Christmas Eve.
Merry Christmas Eve!