You can dress it up or down. It's like a good pair of jeans. But tastier.
- A can or two of tuna.(The best tuna for taste is the white albacore. But seriously it doesn't matter that much in this recipe. Any tuna will be excellent. )
- One egg (this is the glue for the tuna and the bread-like stuff)
- Bread crumbs or pretzels or crackers. Or something salty and crumbly.
- Oil (coconut is good, or grapeseed or olive oil.)
- Salt, pepper, and your choice of dill, lemon pepper, garlic, whatever you like with tuna.
Mix tuna, egg and bread crumbs or pretzel crumbs or cracker crumbs into a bowl. Eventually you are going to have to use your hands. Add in your seasonings.
One can of tuna, one egg and a half cup of bread crumbs should be about right. This might be different if your tuna was super watery or your egg was enormous. Try to form ping pong sized balls with mixture. Flatten them a little.
Heat some oil. Enough to cover the bottom of your pan. When it's hotttt add your little tuna crostinis. mmmm. Flip them after about a minute. Cook for another minute or so.
|Make some tarter sauce and serve it on an open faced sandwich with spinach.|
|Put it in a salad. mmmm|
|Substitute for a homemade crab cake.|